Still there? Guess I'll carry on...
The Stephen Curtis Chapman song "Cinderella" is quite a tear-jerker for me, as I know that when the clock strikes midnight, she'll be gone. So I heard that on the radio today, and then the thought comes to mind about putting Morgan on a school bus in less than a month for kindergarten. Aaron said to me just last night, "My eyes are getting kind of dry from trying not to blink, because I know that when I do, she'll be graduating from high school."
In my latest Bible study, we talked about the tendency of moms and dads to hold on tighter and tighter as their children grow up, only to have them slip away more. Being a control freak myself, I have to make a conscious effort every day to let go of my children and hand them up to God. I can only do so much, and the rest is in the hands of the One who created her in the first place.
2 comments:
As we prepare to move into 112 Lakeview Lane, we are finding things and being reminded of so much of the joy we had at the lake when the kids were small. In many ways it is like reliving it. So, dab your misty eyes with the fact of not ever really losing your children, even when you do turn them loose. The song "When your child becomes a man" by John Sebastian is coursing through my head as I write this. Of course, that was a different era.
Grandpa Combine
Actually, the song title was "Younger Generation."
Post a Comment