So, last year my word for the year was still from Psalm 46:10. How'd I do? Well, as usual, it was God doing the work, when I let Him. I was bombarded by the word in places I never expected to see/hear them: at a friend's house, in the grocery store, in a conversation with the kids, on the radio, on the TV, so on and so forth.
I found that when I was conscious of being still, things went better. I had a better attitude toward daily nuisances, more patience, more time with God, and it went in a circular manner. Stillness created more stillness.
Unfortunately, the converse was also true. When I wasn't so still, things went poorly, in a downward spiral. Then I'd come to my senses, be reminded of stillness, reset my gyros, and things would improve.
Such is any growth process for me. I tend to go full throttle for a while, making decent gains, then plateau, and ultimately lose altitude. Then I regain my sense of determination and go at it again.
Enough babbling. So what's my new word for the new year? I dunno yet, I hadn't even started thinking about it until today. Stay tuned, though. If I'm as good about finding a word as I am about updating this blog, I'll have one by June!
No comments:
Post a Comment