Thursday, September 3, 2009

And you're how old?

Morgan hit us at the dinner table yesterday with this:
"Mommy, can I use my money and get a phone?"
"A what, honey?"
"A phone."
"I don't understand, you mean in your room?"
"No, like the ones that you and daddy carry around when we're not home."
"Oh, a cell phone?"
"Yeah! Some kids on the bus have cell phones, and they talk to their friends and to their moms and dads."
Mommy couldn't help laughing. A cell phone! At age 5 (going on 16, of course)! I had planned for this discussion a couple of years down the road.
"Well, honey, cell phones cost a lot of money." After a brief discussion on the charges associated with such a necessity, she decided that it was one that could wait a while.

2 comments:

carridawn said...

That is so funny!!! I know that they grow up fast - but I am not ready for it!!!

Ewing Family said...

That is too funny!!!