We enrolled the kids in Blast Ball--a version of T-ball where the offensive object is just to get the hang of hitting the ball and running to first base. Once you accomplished that, your turn was over. The defensive objective was to field the ball and throw it to first base.
Caleb was tired before we even got to the game, so by the bottom of the second inning, he was just about done (luckily there were only 3 innings). He putzed to home plate for his turn at-bat, then after he hit the ball, he walked reluctantly to first base, with the coaches encouraging him to run. It was hilarious.
Waiting their turn at bat.


Morgan, Caleb, and about 3 other kids would race to see who could field the ball first. A couple of times it turned into a jump ball--wait a minute, wrong sport!
Morgan did a great job. She hung with it till the end, attempting to field every ball that was hit. She even got a turn on first base.
Caleb, you're supposed to be in the dugout! It's your turn to bat next, right after Morgan!

This is Caleb's 12th trip off the field. The first time he came over he said, "Mommy, I think I made the team!" We laughed and laughed. Then every 5 minutes or so, he'd find a reason to come talk to us...usually the excuse was that he was thirsty. Being a bad mom, I had forgotten the water bottles at home, luckily both Grandmas had drinks to share with our tired, cotton-mouthed kid.
This is Caleb's 12th trip off the field. The first time he came over he said, "Mommy, I think I made the team!" We laughed and laughed. Then every 5 minutes or so, he'd find a reason to come talk to us...usually the excuse was that he was thirsty. Being a bad mom, I had forgotten the water bottles at home, luckily both Grandmas had drinks to share with our tired, cotton-mouthed kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment