Friday, May 8, 2009

Activities

After a bit of indulgence with a couple's massage at the spa...sorry, no photos...we decided to see what the outdoors had in store for us.

The zipline deal was cool! Nothing like being strapped to a 1/2 inch cable strung between towers that I'm pretty sure wouldn't pass safety standards in the USA. Hey, at least they give you a sweaty, stinky helmet and a tree branch for a brake...no really, it was fun!


Aaron's just finished walking across the "Monkey Step" in this photo. When the brochure mentioned "Monkey Step," I thought it meant the first step off the tower. Guess that would've been the "Chicken Step."

We went snorkeling by ourselves one day...happened to see a sting ray, a barracuda, a couple of squid, many fish, and other reef life. We also took a snorkel/speed boat tour since it was free. Since there wasn't anyone else that showed up, it was a private tour. Victor, our guide, led us through the mangroves (which are behind us in this photo), out to the reef and back again while we drove our own motorized fiberglass shell.
While we were waiting for our tour to start, we took pictures of the iguanas. They were everywhere! See if you can spot them all...there's 6.

After toasting on this trip, we went kayaking with Alfredo who had worked there 2 weeks. I was a little unnerved when he was talking about crocodiles, and it certainly didn't help when he said, "Ok, this is far enough. I get lost in the maze after this part." Between sun exposure snorkeling and kayaking, Aaron and I were lobsters. Back to the resort to overeat and overdrink again....

No comments: