Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cautiously Optimistic

I'M READY FOR SPRING! And so are the kids. I think we all have a little spring fever.

So, the weather had better behave and follow the forecast, because the forecast looks absolutely lovely for the next several days. I am excited for all the things we can do:
  • Scoop the dog poop (he likes to poop clear out in the open field during the summer, but during the cold, he wants to poop immediately off the deck steps)
  • Fill in the rat/mouse holes around and under the shed. I think we need to pour concrete 5 feet out from the walls.
  • Determine the mystery animal leaving the strange holes and tunnels in the old chicken coop, and kill it.
  • Transplant the baby oak trees that I unwittingly planted on top of the sewer line.
  • Split firewood.
  • Get rid of the bermuda in my spice garden and flower garden. By the way, bermuda and I have a love-hate relationship. I love how well it covers and how low-maintenance it is, but it has no respect for boundaries.
  • Watch for scout wasps. They're going to DIE this year!
  • Prepare to paint the trim on the house. I know, that's been on the list since we moved in, but it really needs done this year. Any volunteers to come help? The kids think they want to help!

No, really, I am looking forward to being outside more, even if it's doing chores. And since the kids can ride bikes pretty well now, I would like to go check out bike paths in our area.

Hurry up spring!

No comments: