Caleb: "When I grow up, I'm going to be an astronaut and a pilot! I'm going to get in a rocket ship and blast off into outerspace and fly around all over the place and then land on the moon!" (Many more sentences in here, but this is the jist of it--he's quite the chatterbox.)
Morgan: "No, Caleb, you can't be that."
"Yes I can."
"No you can't."
Mommy: "Alright, Morgan, if Caleb wants to be an astronaut, he can, but he'll have to work really hard in school. Especially in reading, math, and science. Then he'll have to pray about it and see if that's what God wants him to do with his life."
Morgan: "Well, I want to be a ballerina when I grow up. What will I have to work hard at in school to do that?"
Mommy: "Okay, then you'll have to study reading, math, and music. And you'll have to pray, too, and see if that's what God has in store for your life."
Caleb: "Well, Mom, God made the moon, and he made me, so I'm sure God wants me to go to the moon."
Morgan: "Well, God made music and ballerinas and me, so I'm going to be a ballerina. (Can you imagine the snotty tone here? Luckily Caleb didn't retaliate.) Mom, what did God want you to do when you were little?"
Mommy: "Well, I wanted to be a meteorologist when I was a kid, but after praying about it, I learned God didn't want me to do that. After praying some more, I learned that I was supposed to marry your Dad, become a teacher, and have a family."
Morgan: "So did you do that?"
"Yep. I married your dad, went to school to become a teacher, and now have Morgan and Caleb!"
Morgan: "Mommy, what's it mean to be pregnant?"
"It means a woman has a baby in her tummy."
"So you get married, then you get a baby in your tummy?"
"Sometimes. It depends on God's plan. Babies are a gift from God, no matter how they come."
"I still don't understand how the baby gets in your tummy."
"Well, when you're older, you'll learn."
"Okay, I don't want to talk about it now, just when I'm older."
"That's fine with me!" (Whew! Out of the woods on this one!)
1 comment:
Hehee. When you explain pregnancy include a chapter on breastfeeding too. :)
Post a Comment