We celebrated Caleb and Elijah's birthday at Kristi and Christopher's house this weekend. There were 3 cakes! One from the hospital, one for Elijah and one for Caleb. There was plenty to go around! Caleb loved his Thomas cake, and Morgan latched onto Elijah's Winnie the Pooh and Tigger cake.
Of course, we had Grandma and Grandpa there, as well as Uncle Christopher and Aunt Kristi, and Aunt Kari came too.
Funny story about the fan in the picture above: Aaron, Caleb and I were at Home Depot this summer, and I spotted this fan, which would go perfectly in Caleb's room. Caleb spotted it too, and immediately wanted it. I had never seen it before, and worried that if I waited, it'd be gone. Grandma S said she wanted to get both of the kids fans for their birthdays, so I called her up and asked if she wanted me to pick it up for her. She said yes, so it went in the cart. We told Caleb that it was for Grandma.
Well, he asked about it for the next three days without ceasing. He even wrote it on his birthday list. I figured he'd forget about it shortly, but he'd bring it up periodically until November. When he finally opened it up, he was so excited that he got his space fan. Mom's lesson learned: both kids' memories are too advanced for me to purchase them surprise items even months ahead of time.

The two November 12 birthday boys.
The two November 12 birthday boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment