First, the kids have had all of their school-year-end activities going on: PJ day, Bear Hunt Day, Field Day, Pet Day, Beach Day, programs, parties, and on and on.
--------------------------------------------
Secondly, we have this little thing called a hangar project going, which is the main source of energy drain. How so? Well, Aaron took off this week of work so we can get the metal put on. Since I was willing to help, he put me to work (despite the fact that I'm not much good at building stuff). I sprained my ankle being "cool" jumping off of the lift and had to take the rest of the day off.
--------------------------------------------
Then today, we had way too much excitement. We had a breaker blow, and we couldn't figure it out for the longest time. No smoking guns, so to speak. But since it was blown, we couldn't operate the garage doors, the hall lights, or any of the outdoor lights. So Aaron was checking all he could think of, and I went around testing outlets and checking items that were plugged in. No joy. Finally, Aaron went around to each outlet and on the one hidden behind the couch we find this:
Yes, our dear son had stuck a penny vertically on top of a lamp plug and then plugged it into the outlet. As you can see, Mr. Lincoln was getting a little warm. Thank goodness for breakers. This one is definitely going into the scrapbook under the title "When Caleb Almost Burned the House Down." I think he likes firefighters a little too much.
-----------------------------------------------------
So, between downpours, Aaron wanted to get the small door put in on the hangar's west wall. While we were proceeding, it started pouring, and I notice Caleb in a stocking cap, t-shirt and sweatpants dragging a shovel (yes, it's pouring still). He said he was going to dig a hole. In the process of shooing him back indoors, I heard Aaron shout something and then sprint to the house. I figured he had forgotten something and wanted to get out of the rain. Little did I know he had sliced his finger open.
So a trip to the Dr.'s office and several stitches later, we came home to play a couple of rounds of Uno. Supper is in the oven, and I came down to get an update going on this blog, and guess where Aaron is. Yup. Back outside with the hangar in the rain.
----------------------------------------------------
Keep posted for further developments and some photos I've been collecting for the past month. Prayers for sanity, safety and speedy completion appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment