I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions. I always fail by Feb. 1. But I heard on the radio an idea I really like--pick one word that you want to live by this year. After some thought and prayer, I picked my word: Still.
Where'd I find it? Psalm 46:10--Be still, and know that I am God. It seems like I run around getting bogged down in everyday life hassles and lose my perspective.
Still: be quiet, listen to God
Still: get outside and watch the stillness of the morning/evening, watch the stars
Still: pause and think before deciding on a disciplinary action with the kids
Still: "yet"--think things through again, consider other possibilities
Still: don't worry so much about the housework
Still: slow down in the store--let someone go ahead in line
Still: don't just rattle off my prayer requests, but take the time to really PRAY: Praise, Repent, Ask, Yield
Still: be content with what I have
Still: "remains"--I still belong to God, and am accountable to Him, no matter what
Speaking of accountability, please ask me how "still" I am next time you see me. The only way this will impact my life significantly is by having others check up on me from time to time.
Now...I challenge you to find a word to live by for the next year.
1 comment:
What a great idea!!! Thank you for your example and encouragement! What a dear friend you are!
Post a Comment